Overview - BSc (Hons) in Acupuncture (weekend and weekday options)
Our BSc in Acupuncture is a complete three year practitioner training from scratch leading to a University degree. The course is designed to give you plenty of structure and guidance early on, and you will to grow in confidence and ability throughout your three years of study. You will learn a wide range of approaches to acupuncture, particularly focussed on traditional Chinese medicine and its treasure chest of diverse methods of whole-person diagnosis and treatment. A BSc in Acupuncture demonstrates to your patients that your training has been at University degree level, which increases their confidence in you.
- Our BSc in Acupuncture is a complete three year practitioner training leading to a degree awarded by London South Bank University.
- When you qualify you will be eligible to apply for full membership of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC).
- You can choose to study on our weekend or weekday course. The weekday course is two half days each week during term time and the weekend course is every other weekend during term time.
- Eligible students can apply for a student loan to help to pay the fees and with living costs. You can pay your fees (or student loan top up fees) by instalments – or in an annual lump sum with a 2% fee discount.
- You start learning in our teaching clinic right from the start of your training.
- Attendance in class and clinic is complemented by a series of online e-learning sessions and home-study.
- A unique feature of this course is its emphasis on bodywork, with an optional full massage qualification between years 1 and 2 that enables you to work as a massage practitioner.
- Our business skills module ensures you have a practical personal plan to help you to establish your acupuncture practice as soon as you’ve qualified.
- Health care professionals with a degree in their subject can be exempt from two modules which means a reduction in time and fees.
- Students wanting to study part–time can take the course over more than three years (up to 6 years) and eligible students can access part-time tuition fee and maintenance loans.
Most important of all - our mission is to ensure that at the end of your training with us you will confident to go into practice and fully equipped to earn a good living making a difference to people’s lives.
We welcome applications from mature students and those who do not have a conventional educational background. We also welcome students coming straight from A-levels. Our BSc in Acupuncture is also open to you if you already have a degree.